St Georges Road Surgery
· This Practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
· We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
· Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
· We may/do share some of your data with local out of hours/urgent or emergency care service.
· Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical Cytology and Diabetes Prevention.
· Data about you, usually pseudonymised, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
· We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance, when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
· Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
· We may also share medical records for medical research.